Sunday 23 February 2014

Misery sells admits Morrissey

by John Littlejohn

Former Smiths frontman Morrissey has said that his public persona as a grumpy vegetarian has been a marketing gimmick used to sell records.

Speaking exclusively to The Dodo Times, Morrissey (pictured) struck at all the ‘Heaven Knows I’m Miserable Now’ headlines and said that he has always been a cheerful chap.

He said: “Every day I wake up with a big smilthe e on my face.

“I look in the mirror and thank the Lord for my endless blessings.”

Speaking over a veal lunch at a swanky Los Angeles restaurant, Morrissey said: “The grumpiness is just a ploy to shift units.

“For me, every day is like a fun day.

“I don’t exactly have the best singing voice, so I thought it best to moan instead – it isn’t rocket science.”

But after his second serving of blue steak, the quaffed singer admitted that he’d painted himself into a corner creatively.

He said: “I love the world I see around me, it’s my constant inspiration – the smiles of children, the green of the trees, the twinkle of stars in the night sky

“So sometimes I do feel that singing about jealousy, rejection and the backstreets of Salford doesn’t reflect what I’m about.


No comments:

Post a Comment